THE POWER OF TONGUES
There is no gift in the New Testament that you can't find in the Old. In the OT dead persons were raised up, prophecies were giving, the sick were healed and many more. The only gift that differentiate us as NT believers from the OT folks is tongues speaking. Period! That, they couldn't have because the Holy Ghost wasn't staying in them.
No prophet said anything about that coming language except Esaias the prophet ; and what he said was very revealing. If you are a prophet sent to prophesy about something that does not exist then you have a case.
So the only description he gave tongues is “stammering” he said I saw a people that stammer in their talking to God. Amazingly he added and this is the rest. Aah!
Isaiah 28:11-12 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest and this is the refreshing yet they would not hear.
Come unto me , all ye that labour and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest . 29...learn of me; …and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:28,29
Our rest is connected with learning. “Learn of me and ye shall find rest unto your souls”
You shall know the truth before you shall be made free!
Hebrews 4:9-10 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God . 10 For he that is entered into his rest , he also hath ceased from his own works , as God did from his.
Mine God! Rest from pain, rest from confusion, rest from attacks, rest from diseases, rest from dept and etc.
The above scripture says people of God are suffering, they need rest.
Then Isaiah said and this is the rest. Not these are the rest. He was specific:
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest and this is the refreshing yet they would not hear. Isaiah 28:11-12.
Tongues speaking is the rest. But I am also glad the Prophet Esaias also added that, some wouldn't want to speak that supernatural language “yet they would not hear”
There are those who will fulfill that part of the scripture, therefore don't argue with any man on that. You hear them say, tongues is there but it is not everybody who must speak. And always those who say that count themselves as part of those who should not speak.
Both Isaiah and Paul agree that it shall be a language between God and his children.
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
There are many arrows of the devil that missed its target because you unknowingly dealt with it in your tongues before the time.
There are 6 things you must know about tongues.
1. Tongues revives more than any revival channel in the body of Christ. Isaiah 28:11 “this is the refreshing (revival) Tongues speaking stirs ones spirit when put into practice. Paul told Timothy to stir up the gift of God in him “2 Timothy 1:6” All the gifts including the Holy Ghost himself are stirred with tongues if not they will lie dormant.
2. Tongues speaking gives rest than anything I know. Isaiah 28:11 “To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest…”
3. Tongues deals with the mysterious than any prayer. 1 Corinthians 14:2. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. He that speaketh in tongues deals with tomorrow's mystery today. Glory to God!
4. Tongues helps you to pray longer than any language will. 1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then ? I will pray with the spirit , and I will pray with the understanding also. 1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all.
Learn how to put the name Jesus in your tongues. It deals with unknown stuffs.
5. Tongues acts as a battery charger. When you read 1 Corinthians 14:4 it says “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifies himself” Which means in the Greek ‘charges himself.’
If your phone is at low battery you can't blame it on God once you have a charger. The day you received that language, he puts he charger on you. God has finish with you. You can have your personal revival without your church or Pastor getting involve.
6. When we speak In tongues, we let the Holy Ghost fulfills his threefold intercession ministry through us “Romans 8:26 “we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but: the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered…”
He does not do it independently. The Spirit does his intercession ministry through us. These are the threefold ministry of the Spirit: He prays through you for for you, He prays through you for others and He prays through others for you. Today make a time to prayer in tongues for you and for others.
To be continue
Catch me again as I deal with THE CONFUSION BETWEEN THE PRAYER TONGUES AND THE PROPHECY TONGUES.
AND ALSO THE EASILY WAY TO SPEAK THAT UNKNOWN LANGUAGE
I bless you!!!
GETTING TO KNOW US
Azuza FM is a online gospel missionary radio ministry owned by the Azuza Today Fellowship, a ministry of the New Creations Full Gospel Church headed by Rev. Prince Nyarko.
Azuza FM is dedicated for the dissemination of the word of God to all people both far and near.
All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2015 Azuza FM